Passat 2011 ➤ , Passat Variant 2011 ➤
Maintenance - Edition 01.2019
Natural gas tank: renew.
Service and maintenance on the high pressure part of natural
gas system must only be performed by specially trained per‐
Natural gas is highly flammable and, in combination with air,
creates a combustible mixture.
There must be no open flame or source of ignition near the
natural gas system.
Inhaling natural gas can lead to light-headedness and lung
damage. High concentrations may lead to suffocation due to
lack of oxygen.
Natural gas is NOT odourless because a gas having a strong
odour is added.
⇒ Fuel supply system - natural gas engines; Rep. gr. 20 ; Fuel
tanks; Removing and installing natural gas tank .
Natural gas filler connection and sealing
cap: check condition, clean if necessary
and check seal.
Special tools and workshop equipment required
♦ Lint-free cloth
– Open tank flap and remove protective cap from natural gas
– Check if seal is fitted and its condition -arrow-.
– Check natural gas filler neck for dirt, damage, and surface
corrosion. Clean natural gas filler neck ONLY from outside.
– If the filler neck is dirty, clean off dirt using compressed air.
The filler neck will not be damaged as a result.
– If corrosion is found on the surface of the natural gas filler neck,
remove it using a lint-free cloth.
Fault memory of all systems: reading
with vehicle diagnostic tester , correct‐
ing possible faults according to repair
– Read event memory ⇒ Vehicle diagnostic tester.
– Repair all faults according to repair guidelines.
The vehicle must always be delivered to the customer with
event memory cleared.
4. Descriptions of work: