Passat 2011 ➤ , Passat Variant 2011 ➤
Maintenance - Edition 01.2019
Brake fluid quantity
which must flow out of bleeder valves:
Total quantity for automatic gearbox including
the quantity extracted from the brake fluid res‐
approx. 1.00 l
approx. 1.15 l
Total quantity for manual gearbox including the
quantity extracted from the brake fluid reservoir
– Switch off brake filling and bleeding unit .
– Take filler hose off adapter.
– Unscrew adapter from brake fluid reservoir.
– Check brake fluid level and correct if necessary. It must be
between position -1- and -2-.
– Screw on cap -1- of brake fluid reservoir.
– Reinstall rear wheels, if removed previously ⇒ page 120 .
– Perform functional check during road test.
Brake system and shock absorbers: in‐
specting for leaks and damage
Check following components for leaks and damage:
♦ Brake master cylinder
♦ Brake servo (for anti-lock brake system: hydraulic unit)
♦ Brake pressure regulator and
♦ Brake caliper
♦ Shock absorbers (during inspection only)
♦ Presence of dust caps on brake fluid bleeder screws
♦ Presence of caps on guide bushes
– Ensure that brake hoses are not twisted.
– Additionally ensure that brake hoses do not touch any vehicle
components when steering is at full lock.
4. Descriptions of work: